Monday, June 19, 2006

Summer of Dad

It's 7:43 am and my 2 kids are halfway through Pooh's Halloween Heffalump movie. Did I mention it's June?

I have a whole day ahead of me. Just me and the kids. In fact, I have a whole summer ahead of me. A good month or so anyway. More on that in a minute. I need to clean out the potty chair again.

Okay, so here's the deal. My wife just started a medical program here in Madison. As a teacher, my work year ended last Thursday and I'm not starting work again until the end of July. So between now and then I am watching our 2 children while she attends class during the day and studies at night.

I need to enjoy a cup of coffee before this movie ends. If not now, who knows when. I'll try to publish some posts as events unfold. Hopefully once a day. Wish me luck. The Summer of Dad has officially begun...