Monday, May 23, 2005

Hero for a Day

Hundreds of parts have come together to form the finest swingset a backyard has ever seen. I'll admit I was more than a little worried when I saw the 2 large bags of hardware, each weighing in at at least 25 pounds. I now know the difference between a hex bolt, a lag screw, a tapping screw, a T-nut, and a deck screw. And each of those came in about 3 sizes. My wonderful wife separated all the hardware into neat little paper bowls, each with its own desciption written with a sharpie on the bowl's edge. There were about 30 bowls. Not kidding. The swingset was completed at 6 pm Saturday and I'm not sure 20 minutes have gone by (outside of sleep) where she has not been either swinging or sliding. "I love my new swingset, Daddy", she keeps saying. "Will you push me higher?" And there I was, at 6:45 this morning, pushing her higher. Life is good.